The Importance Online Business Listings Review
Business companies implore many strategies in promoting their products and services. One of the most usual way of promoting products and services is through Online Business Listings Review. Although advertisements are a little bit costly, it has been proven effective over the years. However, for businesses that are just starting out, spending a lot of money for advertisements seems impractical. As such, business companies resort to Online Business Listings Review instead.
Online Business Listings is very much like the yellow pages. Most people use them when they are looking for specific businesses and services. Business sites provide a list of all businesses and services under specific categories. This manner of listing is actually very advantageous to the user because searches are trimmed down to specific categories; thus reducing the time spent for looking up businesses in the directory.
Five Reasons Online Directories Matter to Your Business
One of the big benefits that the Internet offers us is that it gives us access to nearly any information that we want right beneath our fingertips. Be it through full Internet access available on desktop and laptop computers or through mobile Internet that is used on cellular phones, if we need to find a specific piece of information, all we need to do is to open a web browser, type in the keywords in a search query box and click on one of the links the search results bring up.
Searching for information this way saves us a lot of time and effort. Before, we had to rely on other means to get the information that we need, and these ways of getting information are either too time consuming or require us to go directly to the source.
For example, let us say you need to book a flight to Paris from New York City. If we do not patronize a travel agent already, we would have to pick a name and number from the long list of travel agencies listed on the telephone directory. Once a number is found, we make a phone call. If the phone is busy or disconnected or if the travel agent we got in touch with could not help us make a good booking on a flight from New York to Paris, we have to repeat the process and call another agency again. It is such a waste of time and we may have to devote an entire day to simply booking a flight when we could have spent that time doing something else. The exercise can also be annoying, frustrating and stressful.
On the other hand, going to an online directory first before making a round of phone calls is a totally different story. It would be handy if you already know the address of an online directory that lists the numbers of establishments operating in your locale, but if you do not know yet, typing a few keywords in a search browser will lead you to it.
Once you know the Internet address of the local online directory that you need and you have directed your browser to go to it, you will find that your search for whatever information that you want has been made easier by the fact that addresses listed in these online directories have already been neatly categorized for your convenience. You only need to click on the category where you think your search directs you, you find the information source or service provider that you need and then you go to its website if the website is listed. You only need to make the phone call once you are satisfied with the information that you have got online.
Let us say that you need to get a-hold of a particular book by a particular author and you want to see which of the bookstores in your locale carry that particular title. Typing in a query on a search engine would be too generalized for you to be actually helpful. What you would need to do then is to go to a local online directory, click on the category that lists bookstores, and then wait for it to bring up a list of bookstores in your area. If the bookstore has a website, then the website most likely indicates which books are available in their stocks. It is highly likely that you will be able to buy the book you need online and just wait for it to be delivered to your doorstep. If not, then you can get the phone number of the bookstore, call up their customer service and ask for a copy to be reserved for you. When you show up at the store, all you need to do is pay for the book.
Online directories also work on WAP-enabled mobile phones, of course. All you need to do is to open your phone's WAP browser and type in the address of the online directory you go to. Or, if you already subscribe to the WAP services of a specific online directory, you probably know the codes you need to text if you want information about, say, the traffic situation on a particular street, the weather in this city, the movie schedule at this cinema, what time the next train for this destination will be leaving, when this particular flight will leave or arrive at the airport, the current local news, the current foreign exchange rate, and other such information.
This is literally information at your fingertips. Just type in the code that you want, send it as a text message to the online directory you subscribe to, and then receive the reply that you want in a matter of seconds. You can do this wherever you may be, as long as your mobile phone is WAP-enabled and you can access the service in your location. No more spending half the day flipping through heavy phonebooks, reading fine print, making lists of numbers and then making rounds of phone calls.
It is really very convenient to be able to get the information that you need at a snap of the fingertips. That is what technology has allowed us to enjoy. With online directories and WAP-enabled mobile phones, we can have access to whatever information that we need whether we are in front of our computers or on the road with just our phones.
Top 10 Benefits of Submitting Your Business Profile to Local Online Directories
It won't be wrong to say that along with the normal physical existence, today everyone leads a parallel life in the virtual world of internet. The web has penetrated almost every sphere of life and has come to play an especially significant role in trade and business.
While the internet has become a huge global commercial playground, it has also presented the business owners with innovative marketing tools to promote their products/services. One such excellent method is online local business directory listings.
The key advantages to be gained by a business by submitting its profile to online local business directories are:
- Building local presence: In spite of getting access to global goods and services providers, a majority of the consumers prefer doing business with local companies. And getting listed in the most respected local directories is an excellent way of building a strong presence in your regional market.
- Targeted advertising: Inclusion in the local business directories helps in highly targeted advertising. The profiles are listed according to specific locations and clear-cut categories. Thus your business gets exposure to a qualified, 'ready to buy' traffic.
- Detailed information for prospects: Through the profile, you are able to highlight your business' salient features and introduce yourself effectively to your prospects. Apart from your physical address, contact details and website link, the directories even include a map pointer to your location making it easy for people to reach you.
- Help compete with big businesses: Local business directory listings bring a small/medium business on equal footing with the larger ones. It is a marketing tool that can be used by both with similar efficiency and effectiveness.
- Adds legitimacy to your business: Seeing your profile listed in reliable business directories instills faith of the customers in your business and adds legitimacy to it in their eyes.
- Better search engine rankings: Online local directory listings provide a business with quality back-links to its website. This link-building is a very effective SEO tool that helps improve your site's search engine rankings, increasing its visibility and boosting its web traffic.
- Fast customer feedback: Most of the business directories allow the customers to post reviews. You can serve your customers better with the help of such constant feedback about their needs and expectations.
- Lasting publicity: The business promotion that is gained by business directory listings can be enjoyed by your business for a long time to come. Moreover, you are also given the facility of updating your profile from time to time so that prospective customers don't get turned off by out-dated, wrong or misleading contact and other details.
- Free marketing: Nothing pleases a business more than free publicity! Listing in most of the local directories does not cost your business anything and thus, is an irresistible marketing tool.
- Easier accessibility: The online directory can be easily accessed by anytime, anywhere, by anyone with an internet-enabled device. This, no doubt, is beneficial for your business.
Express Business Directory Review